The vehicle release window is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 – 5:00 p.m. We are closed on holidays. The phone number for vehicle release information is 805.385.7650.
For a vehicle to be released:
- The registered owner must come to the Oxnard Police Department with a valid California driver’s License. If the register owner does not have a valid California driver’s license, possession of a valid ID is sufficient but they must bring a driver with valid driver’s license with them.
- The vehicle registration must be valid and current. If not, the registered owner must have a “One Day Moving Permit” from DMV.
- If the vehicle was towed and the driver of the vehicle was driving on a suspended license, there will be a 30 day hold on the vehicle.
- Any registered owner wishing to have a hearing will need to make an appointment to speak to a Traffic Officer.
Fees are as follows:
- $185 – Abandon Vehicles
- $245 – General fee
- $445 – DUI Driver
- $0 – Recovered Vehicles
- The registered owner is responsible for towing fees. Tow yards charge per day for vehicle storage.