News release - 3/18/2014
Published 3/18/2014 (all press releases for this day)
OXNARD POLICE DEPARTMENT
DETAILS: On March 18, 2014 at 0332 hours, officers responded to the Colony Mobile Home Park located in the 2400 Block of East Pleasant Valley Road regarding a prowler.
Officers learned a male suspect had entered a mobile home through an open bedroom window. The screen to the window was cut to gain entrance. Once inside the bedroom, the suspect placed a rag over an eight-year old female’s mouth. The female woke up and began to scream for her parents. The suspect fled out the opened bedroom window. The victim was not injured.
Oxnard Police continue to remind residents to exercise caution and continue to utilize the crime prevention tips we have been sharing this year. These tips have been shared weekly as a part of our ongoing Operation Safer and Stronger Initiative, via news release, on our Department website, Facebook Page, and on Nextdoor.com.
• Lock all windows and doors at night and when you leave your residence or vehicle unattended.
• Close all of the windows - thieves can open vehicle and access homes through the smallest of openings.
• Don't forget to set your residential alarm if you have one.
• To avoid obstruction, keep landscape trimmed.
• The best crime prevention tool ever invented is A GOOD NEIGHBOR! One of the best crime fighting teams are neighbors working in conjunction with the police department, and reporting all suspicious activity
• Report any suspicious activity or persons to the Oxnard Police Department, 805-385-7740.
Especially as the weather continues to be warmer, Oxnard Police encourage residents to secure doors and windows at night and when one is away from home.
Detectives are still investigating the case and request that if anyone has information about this incident, they are encouraged to call Oxnard P.D. at (805) 385-7620. If you wish to remain anonymous you may call the violent crimes hotline at (805) 982-7070 or Ventura County Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-8477. You can also visit this site http://www.venturacountycrimestoppers.org/contactus.aspx to submit a tip via text or email.
DATE / TIME PREPARED: March 18, 2014.
Press release archive
|Copyright © 2003-2016 Oxnard Police Department | Site Map | Contact Us | Terms & Conditions|