News release - 10/31/2013
Published 10/31/2013 (all press releases for this day)
Chief of Police
Oxnard Police Department
R. Jason Benites
OXNARD POLICE DEPARTMENT
Oxnard Police offer a list of 25 tips for a safe Halloween
October 31, 2013
City of Oxnard
Miguel Lopez, Community Affairs Manager
DETAILS: The Oxnard Police offer a list of 25 tips for a safe Halloween.
1. Children should watch out for cars and carry a glow stick or flashlight to ensure they are seen by motorists and others.
2. Drivers should also be extra vigilant for children, who may dart out into the street from between parked cars or other places.
3. Children should never be allowed to go out alone on Halloween.
4. Children should never eat any treats until they have been examined.
5. Advise children that they should never enter strangers’ homes.
6. Never invite children into your home.
7. Children should never accept rides from strangers.
8. Children should never take shortcuts through backyards or alleys.
9. Set a specific time limit for your children to be out on Halloween night.
10. Instruct children not to stray from their group.
11. A responsible adult should escort children while trick-or-treating.
12. Adult escorts (and children if possible) should carry flashlights.
13. Don’t leave your home unattended on Halloween night.
14. Keep pets inside your home, or other safe place on Halloween night.
15. Children should walk, not run, during their trick-or-treat activities.
16. Parents should know what route their children will be taking.
17. Children should wear proper fitting, comfortable costumes and shoes.
18. Props such as toy guns or swords should be made of pliable material.
19. Realistic replica firearms should never be used.
20. Masks should not be worn if they impair vision.
21. Wigs should be fireproof and should not restrict vision.
22. Children should always use sidewalks, not the street, for walking.
23. Children should look in all directions before crossing the street.
24. Those who cannot accompany their children on Halloween night should make sure they are chaperoned or in a large group of friends and relatives.
25. Leave early and return home early, and set a deadline to be home.
Let's have a Happy and Safe Halloween!
Press release archive
|»||News release - 6/29/2016 19th Annual Fireworks Show|
- Jun 29, 2016
|»||News release - 6/28/2016|
- Jun 28, 2016
|»||News release - Oxnard Police Investigate Two Unrelated Homicides - 6/26/2016|
- Jun 26, 2016
|»||News release - 6/24/2016|
- Jun 24, 2016
|»||News release - 6/23/2016|
- Jun 23, 2016
|»||Suspicious Device 6/18/2016|
- Jun 18, 2016
|»||News release - 6/16/2016|
- Jun 16, 2016
|»||Firearms arrest News release - 6/16/2016|
- Jun 16, 2016
|»||News release - 6/15/2016|
- Jun 15, 2016
|»||News release - 6/14/2016|
- Jun 14, 2016
| || |