WELCOME TO OPDFINDOUTHOW.COM!
What is OPDFindOutHow.com?
OPDFindOutHow.com is a new way of disseminating information. Each month OPDFindOutHow.com will have different crime prevention, current affairs and human interest articles presented in a “How-To” style. The topics can range from “How to Secure your Vehicle”, “How to Secure your Home”, “How to Be Cybersafe” to “How to Report a Traffic Accident” and “How to Make a Police Report.”
Is This New Information?
Most of the information is already provided to you by way of informational flyers (https://www.oxnardpd.org/forms-documentation/crime-prevention-flyers/) and presentations made by officers throughout the city and in differently forums. OPDFindOutHow.com is just another resource available to you but in a different format.
What Is This Month’s Topic?
This month’s topic is “HOW TO SECURE YOUR VEHICLE.” Between April 16th and May 4, 2017 there have been over 30 stolen vehicles reported. The more startling statistic is that approximately half of them could have been prevented (unlocked, keys left in the vehicle, vehicle left running and unattended)!
How Do I Not Become A Victim?
That is easy. Just look at the photos below and remember the words, “LOCK IT! TAKE IT! KEEP IT!”
LOCK IT! Lock Up Your Vehicles And Close Your Windows When You Park.
TAKE IT! Take Your Valuables With You! Don’t Leave Them In Plain Sight!
KEEP IT! Lock Up Your Property And Take Your Valuables With You So You Can Keep Them!
Do You Have Any Additional Tips?
- Never leave your car unlocked, not even for a minute.
- Never leave your keys in the car, even if you think they are really “hidden.”
- Don’t leave your car idling and unattended because it is unnecessary (it doesn’t get cold enough here), it is unsafe and illegal (22515(a) V.C.) and someone can steal your car.
- Wheel locks, brake pedal locks and steering wheel locks are also effective.
- Also, it is a well-known fact that the crime of stealing a vehicle is not the only crime that occurs. Usually, this “first” crime can lead to fraud, theft of identity, grand theft, etc.
Where Do I Report Suspicious Activity?
Be a “Partner if Public Safety” and help keep Oxnard crime free and safe. If you see suspicious activity, please report to the Oxnard Police Department at (805) 385–7740 or dial 9-1-1. Anonymous information and tips can also be made with the Ventura County Crimestoppers at (805) 385–8255.