Chief of Police
Oxnard Police Department
R. Jason Benites
OXNARD POLICE DEPARTMENT
|INCIDENT:||Sobriety and Driver’s License Checkpoint|
|DATE/TIME:||September 1, 2011 1800-0000|
|LOCATION:||City of Oxnard|
CONTACT PERSON &
Maria Peña, Traffic Coordinator
The Oxnard Police Department will continue its crackdown on DUI drivers by conducting a multi-location sobriety and driver’s license checkpoint this Thursday, September 1, 2011.
These DUI operations are funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The Oxnard Police Department is committed to improving traffic safety and reducing the number of alcohol related crashes to make our roadways and community safer.
How to Report a Drunk Driver
- Call 911 and tell them you wish to report a suspected drunk driver. **You do not have to give your name.
- Give a complete description of the vehicle, such as make, model, color and license plate number.
- Give the exact location of the vehicle, including the name of the road, cross streets and the direction they’re traveling.
- Describe the manner in which the vehicle is being driven.
- Do not try to stop the car or detain the driver. Leave that to a law enforcement officer.
For any questions related to DUI and traffic enforcement, please contact Senior Officer Maria Peña at (805) 385-7750 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
DATE / TIME PREPARED: 8/30/11, 1100 hours