Chief of Police
|Oxnard Police Department
R. Jason Benites
OXNARD POLICE DEPARTMENT
|INCIDENT:||Sobriety and Driver’s License Checkpoint|
|DATE/TIME:||Friday, July 8, 2011 6:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M.|
|LOCATION:||City of Oxnard|
|CONTACT PERSON &
|Brian Woolley, Traffic Coordinator (805) 385-7749|
The Oxnard Police Department will be conducting a multi-location sobriety and driver’s license checkpoint on Friday, July 8, 2011, from 6:00 P.M. to 12:00 A.M. The checkpoint will be held within the City of Oxnard and is funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
In the first six months of 2011, the Oxnard Police Department has investigated nearly 100 alcohol-involved collisions. This is a 13% reduction compared to the first six months of 2010. Although we are pleased with this reduction, over 390 DUI drivers have been arrested this year in the City of Oxnard. The Oxnard Police Department is committed to improving traffic safety and reducing the number of alcohol related crashes to make our roadways and community safer. We will continue to conduct DUI checkpoints, DUI saturation patrols, and DUI warrant operations this year.
How to Report a Drunk Driver
- Call 911 and tell them you wish to report a suspected drunk driver. **You do not have to give your name.
- Give a complete description of the vehicle, such as make, model, color and license plate number.
- Give the exact location of the vehicle, including the name of the road, cross streets and the direction they’re traveling.
- Describe the manner in which the vehicle is being driven.
- Do not try to stop the car or detain the driver. Leave that to a law enforcement officer.
As a reminder, the fines, fees and attorney costs associated with a first time DUI conviction in Ventura County can reach over $10,000. Driver’s license suspension and an increase in vehicle insurance premiums are also potential consequences.
For any questions related to DUI and traffic enforcement, please contact Senior Officer Brian Woolley at (805) 385-7749 or via e-mail at email@example.com.